Hello and welcome.

I have set up this blog for family and friends to keep track of my Transatlantic Race starting June 26th, 2011. I will try to update as frequently as I can. You can also track our progress through Yellowbrick Tracking -- see links below.

Sunday, June 26, 2011

The Race to the Race

After a furious flurry of activity provisioning, adjusting the rigging, measuring, cutting and applying spreader patches, running reefs, and setting up the prefeeder (those are just the items I helped with yesterday), and an amazing amount effort to exchange and organize the items that will stay on board and what will be shipped to the UK in the crate, I think we are finally ready to set the sails on Nordwind.

There are a few last items on the list this AM as we prepare to leave the dock at 9:30 ET.  We plan on looking at a few of the new sails and run some drills before the beginning of the 13:50 ET starting sequence. 

I wanted to take a moment to thank all of my family and friends who have been so amazingly supportive of Ashley and I these last few weeks.  The outpouring of well wishes and words of encouragement have been really touching.  Thank you.  Also, a huge thank you to my colleagues at IBM who have enabled me to make this trip and be a part of this event.  Thank you to you as well.

Very exciting -- here we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment