Hello and welcome.

I have set up this blog for family and friends to keep track of my Transatlantic Race starting June 26th, 2011. I will try to update as frequently as I can. You can also track our progress through Yellowbrick Tracking -- see links below.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Culture Club

We have quite a mix of nationalities (and personalities) on board for this race.  We have 4 Germans along with the owner Hans, Alex the captain is Italian but grew up in Argentina, Franco and Santi are from Argentina along with Peter (who is married to a Canadian from just outside London!), Tom is half French and half English, so he certainly has his share of personality conflicts (just kidding, he is a great guy).  That leaves the American contingent to Andrew and I and we felt we needed to celebrate July 4th in style.

Andrew and I cooked bacon cheese burgers for the crew in honor of Independence Day and served with coleslaw and ice cold beer.  We tried to set the mood with a little country music, but that didn´t take as well as the burgers (I fried up proscuttio and used that as bacon -- perhaps that was the reason for the positive reviews).  I guess Toby Keith and Jimmy Buffett are an acquired taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment