Hello and welcome.

I have set up this blog for family and friends to keep track of my Transatlantic Race starting June 26th, 2011. I will try to update as frequently as I can. You can also track our progress through Yellowbrick Tracking -- see links below.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Knit One, Pearl Two

The wind has been really fluky these last few days.  We are only doing about 6.7kts and are struggling to the finish line.  A bit frustrating after such a long voyage, but I just need to be patient and we will get there.  Our resident sail-seamstress, Daniel, had a pretty busy day yesterday.  We tore two sails in super light wind.  The Code Zero was torn while rubbing across on the rigging and the Code Three Spin foot caught on the bow and tore a 9 meter section out of the bottom.  Daniel and Santi put in a marathon session and repaired both sails taking them about 9 hours.  I think their last few stitches were "well lubricated" as I found a empty bottle of Italian wine in the salon where they had the sewing machine set up.  I didn´t think we would be using either of the repaired sails for the remainder of the trip, but I didn´t have the heart to tell either one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment