Hello and welcome.

I have set up this blog for family and friends to keep track of my Transatlantic Race starting June 26th, 2011. I will try to update as frequently as I can. You can also track our progress through Yellowbrick Tracking -- see links below.

Friday, July 1, 2011

A Full Press of Sails

On Wednesday, during a sail change, I found myself looking up at 6 sails flying from Nordwind's rig.  We had our Code 0 spinnaker (smallish, asymmetrical spin), our Yankee, a Stay Sail, our Main Sail, the Mizzen Stay Sail (basically a spinnaker you fly in between the mizzen mast and the main) and a Mizzen. Quite an amazing sight to see.  With 10kts of breeze, a beautiful blue sky, and a calm sea it was quite a day.

Amazingly, I think my favorite watch is 4-8am.  Watching the sun rise over grey seas slowly turning them an icy deep dark navy blue speckled with whitecaps -- only punctuated by the bright powder blue and white wake thrown up by Nordwind.

No comments:

Post a Comment