Hello and welcome.

I have set up this blog for family and friends to keep track of my Transatlantic Race starting June 26th, 2011. I will try to update as frequently as I can. You can also track our progress through Yellowbrick Tracking -- see links below.

Sunday, July 10, 2011

A Silver Lining

A rough night last night, with not much wind and a few auto-tacks doing 3 or 4 kts.  It´s really hard going without any wind and trying to keep this very large, finicky vessel on a straight line.  With under 700 miles to go, we are about the distance between Newport to Bermuda -- which I used to think was a long way, but now feels like a bit of a sprint in comparison.  A saving grace was a huge pod of dolphins that appeared as I was driving this morning jumping clear out of the water right next to the stern of the boat just as the sun was coming up.  With pink clouds peaking through a grey overcast sky there was a silver lining literally on the horizon.  Certainly gave me a bit of a lift.

No comments:

Post a Comment